February 2024 Public Watercolor Workshop - Wetland
By Tim Wilmot
Improve your watercolor, have a couple of hours fun painting along with Tim Wilmot, and...get a critique!
In this online workshop we will be the wetlands area at Holywell Bay. Holywell Bay is on the northern coast of Cornwall in the UK, about 3 miles west of Newquay. The wetlands sit inland from the beach, behind the coastal sand dunes. It's a protected nature reserve area with pools, ponds, grasses, and rare plants that attract birds and insects. A really beautiful and tranquil scene for us to paint together.
- Live & Online watercolour demo from Tim Wilmot
- Step by step demo of the complete painting process with commentary (English)
- Suitable for painters of ALL levels
- Ask me questions (during the live event)
- No adverts!
- Paint along with me or paint later
- Watch the recording as many times as you want!
- Can't attend live? No Problem! Register anyway, watch the recording, and send me a photo of your painting for a video critique!
- 50% discount for Tim's Patreon Members (See Tim's post on his Patreon site for Promo Code)
This is the source photo for this workshop:
(You can right-click over this photo to download it now)
In this workshop we will cover:
- Composition from a photo
- Getting a sense of depth with the distant hills
- Painting the different mounds of grasses and wildflowers
- Reflection of the morning sun in the pond
- Mixing different shades of green!
This online workshop is suitable for painters of any level. It is a demonstration in Watercolor. I go at a slow pace and describe with commentary what I am doing and the techniques I am using. The commentary is in English, and I speak slowly for any attendees where English is not your first language.
All you need to watch and take part is a good/reliable internet connection, and a headphone or PC speakers to hear my audio commentary. Crowdcast is not like Zoom. Nobody can see you or hear you. You just see and hear me and it's really EASY!
What you will need (apart from paper and water)
- A large and medium size mop brush. Small brush for detail work. A small flat brush might be used.
- Your normal palette of colours (I mainly use, neutral tint, burnt sienna, yellow ochre, viridian green, spring green (or a bright green!), cobalt green, cerulean blue, cobalt blue, ultramarine blue, lavender, alizarin crimson, cadmium red, light red and a cadmium yellow, white paint for highlights. I also sometimes use quinacridone gold). You don't need to use these colours.
Please don't go and buy anything special for this workshop. Just use what your normal brushes, paper and paint.
Hope to see you online!
When you have completed your painting, please take a photo and email it to me as an attachment to [email protected] and I will then be able to include your painting in the group video to be published on my YouTube Channel.
Here is what previous attendees had to say...
"I wanted to thank you again for doing these watercolor painting workshops and for providing critiques. You are an amazing artist, and your workshops are forcing me to find the time to paint and I am so very appreciative of this" Brian K
"It wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to say that you were one of the contributing factors to my painting more frequently and exhibiting more and having a bit more confidence this past year or two. I think you’re a wonderful tutor and I like the way you paint" Susan H
"I'd like say just how much I've enjoyed your video demonstrations past and present! You have a wonderful sensibility for watercolour and I know that I've learnt a great deal from your videos, so thank you so much!" John H
"Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Based on my experience watching your YouTube videos, your online workshop was everything I expected and more" Douglas B
"Good pace, good answers to students’ questions, efficient use of time, and such a nice relaxed personality, Tim" Suzanna B
"Thank you for the wonderful painting experience. I think the timing was perfect for me as I am new to watercolour and enjoyed having the time to attempt keeping up" Geri G
"It was very good to be able to hear your thought process as you were completing the painting. Loved being able to see your painting from start to finish" Pearl A
"I’m so grateful to have found your ‘paint this scene’ tutorials. I’m getting so much out of these. Seeing improvements with each new monthly paint along! Your a gem" Silvie R
"I learn so much from seeing what the others have done as well as getting the critiques from Tim himself. These critiques help us to improve and understand more about the process, something which would be almost impossible to do without this kind of constructive feedback. Thank you so much for all the encouragement and support you give us through these workshops and the follow up critique video" Mark D