"Hacking SOC 2" - Super Cyber Friday
By CISO Series
Please join us on Friday November 3, 2023 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be "Hacking SOC 2: An hour of critical thinking on trust, security, and compliance."
Joining David Spark (@dspark), producer of CISO Series for this discussion will be:
- Kim Elias, senior compliance specialist, Vanta
- Jared Mendenhall, head (CISO) of information security & infrastructure, Impossible Foods
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What actually is SOC 2?
- Why do organizations get SOC 2 compliance?
- Where do organizations see value with it?
- How does SOC 2 impact how you view risk in your organization?
- What misconceptions do you see with SOC 2 and cybersecurity?
- How does your SOC 2 report evolve after the first year?
- What kind of tooling and automation existing to help with SOC 2 reporting?
- Why is SOC 2 so expensive?
- How does it pair with other frameworks like ISO 27001?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we'll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor, Vanta
- Best bad ideas get first responses in "Department of YES" or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth). During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.