"Hacking the Brilliant Jerk" - Super Cyber Friday
By CISO Series
Please join us on Friday [08-26-22] for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be "Hacking the Brilliant Jerk: An hour of critical thinking on how to deal with talented but difficult employees."
Joining David Spark (@dspark), producer of CISO Series for this discussion will be:
- Hadas Cassorla, CISO, M1
- Mike Johnson, co-host, CISO Series Podcast
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What are the situations where it's OK to hire a brilliant jerk?
- There are variations of brilliant jerks. What are the types you've had to deal with?
- The brilliant jerks are smart, so they do have some real value. How do you work with what is obviously their talent?
- Where does the rest of the team get damaged by the brilliant jerk? How can you intervene?
- Some CISOs have very slim security teams of just one or two. Could you manage a team that's ONLY brilliant jerks?
- If you inherit a team that has one or more brilliant jerks, is it your goal to fire them or is it your goal to sequester/manage them?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we'll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
- Best bad ideas get first responses in "Department of YES" or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.