"Hacking Third-Party Risk in the Cloud" - Super Cyber Friday
By CISO Series
Please join us on Friday, October 27, 2023 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be “Hacking Third-Party Risk in the Cloud: An hour of critical thinking about the under-appreciated risks introduced by your sanctioned and unsanctioned SaaS apps.”
Joining David Spark (@dspark), producer of CISO Series for this discussion will be:
- Brian Vecci, field CTO, Varonis
- Richard Rushing, CISO, Motorola Mobility
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- How did unsanctioned SaaS apps go from shadow IT to business as usual?
- What apps have access to your identity data?
- How does risk differ between unsanctioned and sanctioned SaaS apps?
- Are you tracking what users have access to specific data?
- Is identity the core issue with third-party risk?
- How do you discover unsanctioned SaaS apps?
- What data do these apps have access to?
- What is the exposure lifecycle for an unsanctioned SaaS app?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we'll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
Huge thanks to our sponsor, Varonis
- Best bad ideas get first responses in "Department of YES" or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth). During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.