"Hacking US Data Privacy" - Super Cyber Friday
By CISO Series
Please join us on Friday November 17, 2023 for Super Cyber Friday.
Our topic of discussion will be Hacking US Data Privacy: An hour of critical thinking on dealing with ever changing patchwork of regulations.
Joining David Spark (@dspark), producer of CISO Series for this discussion will be:
- Matt Cooper, senior manager, privacy risk and compliance, Vanta
- Greg McCord, CISO, Lightcast
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- What are the general principles of data privacy and how does that differ from legal requirements?
- What are US-specific data privacy requirements?
- How do these requirements apply different applications, like domestic and international consumers, AI, and B2B?
- What is the current state of privacy legislation and what is on the horizon?
- As security professionals, why do we care about data privacy as part of our jobs?
- How do you meet the technical requirements of laws written by non-technical lawyers?
- Where are regulations seeing the most rigorous enforcement?
- What does the international data transfer landscape look like now and why does it change so much?
It all starts at 1 PM Eastern/10 AM Pacific. At the end of the hour [2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific] we'll switch gears to our meetup where everyone will get a chance to chat face to face.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Vanta.
- Best bad ideas get first responses in "Department of YES" or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. (Winners must be US residents. Repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
Super Cyber Fridays are open discussions where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth). During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.