November 2023 Watercolor Workshop - Avebury Stones
By Tim Wilmot
Improve your watercolor, have a couple of hours fun painting along with Tim Wilmot, and...get a critique!
In this online workshop we will be painting the old stones at Avebury in the UK. Avebury is a Neolithic henge monument containing three stone circles, around the village of Avebury in Wiltshire. One of the best known prehistoric sites in Britain, it contains the largest megalithic stone circle in the world!
- Live & Online watercolour demo from Tim Wilmot
- Step by step demo of the complete painting process
- Suitable for painters of ALL levels
- Ask me questions (during the live event)
- No adverts!
- Paint along with me or paint later
- Watch the recording as many times as you want!
- Can't attend live? No Problem! Register anyway, watch the recording, and send me a photo of your painting for a video critique!
This is the source photo for this workshop:
(You can right-click over this photo to download it now)
In this workshop we will cover
- How to think about composition from a photo
- Painting grass/meadows
- Figures and sheep
- Values and depth!
This online workshop is suitable for painters of any level. It is a demonstration in Watercolor. I go at a slow pace and describe with commentary what I am doing and the techniques I am using. The commentary is in English, and I speak slowly for any attendees where English is not your first language.
All you need to watch and take part is a good/reliable internet connection, and a headphone or PC speakers to hear my audio commentary.
What you will need (apart from paper and water)
- A large and medium size mop brush. Small brush for detail work. A small flat brush might be used.
- Your normal palette of colours (I mainly use, neutral tint, burnt sienna, yellow ochre, viridian green, spring green (or a bright green!), cobalt green, cerulean blue, cobalt blue, ultramarine blue, lavender, alizarin crimson, cadmium red, light red and a cadmium yellow, white paint for highlights. I also sometimes use quinacridone gold). You don't need to use these colours.
Please don't go and buy anything special for this workshop. Just use what your normal brushes, paper and paint.
Hope to see you online!
When you have completed your painting, please take a photo and email it to me as an attachment to [email protected] and I will then be able to include your painting in the group video to be published on my YouTube Channel.
Here is what previous attendees had to say...
"It wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to say that you were one of the contributing factors to my painting more frequently and exhibiting more and having a bit more confidence this past year or two. I think you’re a wonderful tutor and I like the way you paint" Susan H
"I'd like say just how much I've enjoyed your video demonstrations past and present! You have a wonderful sensibility for watercolour and I know that I've learnt a great deal from your videos, so thank you so much!" John H
"Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Based on my experience watching your YouTube videos, your online workshop was everything I expected and more" Douglas B
"Good pace, good answers to students’ questions, efficient use of time, and such a nice relaxed personality, Tim" Suzanna B
"Thank you for the wonderful painting experience. I think the timing was perfect for me as I am new to watercolour and enjoyed having the time to attempt keeping up" Geri G
"It was very good to be able to hear your thought process as you were completing the painting. Loved being able to see your painting from start to finish" Pearl A
"I’m so grateful to have found your ‘paint this scene’ tutorials. I’m getting so much out of these. Seeing improvements with each new monthly paint along! Your a gem" Silvie R
"I learn so much from seeing what the others have done as well as getting the critiques from Tim himself. These critiques help us to improve and understand more about the process, something which would be almost impossible to do without this kind of constructive feedback. Thank you so much for all the encouragement and support you give us through these workshops and the follow up critique video" Mark D