By Books of Wonder
These Titles are Sure to Shock and Delight You!
These books are full of clever schemes, magical switches, and murderous parties... so you certainly won't want to miss this exhilarating lineup!
Tune in to discover:
- The Queer Girl is Going to Be Okay by DALE WALLS. Queer Love. Something Dawn wants, desperately, but does not have. But maybe, if she can capture it, film it, interview the people who have it, queer love will be hers someday. Or, at least, she'll have made a documentary about it. A documentary that, hopefully, will win Dawn a scholarship to film school. Many obstacles stand in the way of completing her film, but her best friends Edie and Georgia are there to help her reach her goal, no matter what it takes.
- Straight Expectations by CALUM McSWIGGAN. Seventeen-year-old Max has always been out and proud. But every time he looks around his small school, he sees straight couples everywhere. It's all he’s ever wanted, but there are few queer boys to choose from. Beyond frustrated, he lashes out at his best friend, Dean, and wishes he had what everyone else has, and that they’d never been friends. Max wakes up to find his wish has come true — his feelings for boys have vanished, and so has Dean... With his life and relationships in tatters, Max sets out on a journey of rediscovery to find a way back to the life he took for granted, and the love story he thought he'd never have.
- Beholder by RYAN LA SALA. After securing an invitation to a mysterious penthouse soiree for New York City’s artsy elite, Athan sneaks off to the bathroom, then hears a slam, followed by a scream. He peers outside, but is pushed back in by a boy his age. The boy gravely tells him not to open the door, then closes Athan in. Athan stays hidden for hours of horrible sounds. When he finally emerges, he discovers a massacre, and Athan’s mysterious savior is nowhere to be found. Athan — the only known survivor — is now the primary suspect. Racing to prove his innocence, Athan is swept up in a supernatural mystery. Can he stop this evil thing, before it takes over?
- Finding My Elf by DAVID VALDES. Escaping to NYU for college didn’t turn out the way Cameron planned — he’s flunking theatre classes, about to lose his scholarship, and still hasn’t found his “people.” Once home for winter break, he’s so desperate to avoid a Conversation with his dad that he takes the first acting job he can get — as a Christmas elf. But it comes with a cash-prize contest and fierce competition — especially from fellow elf Marco. At first Cam is determined to see him as nothing but a rival, but as they spend more time together, Cam starts to second-guess himself. Does he really want to go back to NYU, when what he really wants might be right here?
- How to Find a Missing Girl by VICTORIA WLOSOK. A year ago, Iris's sister, beloved cheerleader Stella, vanished without a trace. Devastated, Iris launched her own investigation, and got into big trouble with the cops. A year later, Iris’s ex-girlfriend goes missing, too — just after dropping the polarizing last episode of her true crime podcast all about Iris’s sister. This time, nothing will stop Iris and her amateur sleuthing agency from solving these disappearances. But with a suspicious detective watching her every move and only thirty days until she turns eighteen, it’s a race against the clock for Iris to solve the most dangerous case of her life.
Tuesday, December 5th at 6PM ET via Crowdcast!
Books of Wonder